About Us: Concourse Sports is a leading multi-channel internet retailer operating proprietary websites targeting diverse market segments within the outdoor recreation and sporting goods industries. We offer consumers a vast array of products for outdoor enthusiasts, including top-line brands of equipment, apparel, gear and gifts.
Location: 2293 Grissom Dr., Maryland Heights, Missouri
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for providing accounting support, preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and documenting and evaluating current procedures. Areas of focus include general accounting, reconciliations, and trend analysis.
- Prepares journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing schedules and other reports as needed
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and identifies financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Assists in the preparation, consolidation and distribution of financial statements
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
Accounting, corporate finance, reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, reporting research results, GAAP and SFAS rules, confidentiality, time management, data entry management, general math skills.
Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply. Ideal candidate is working toward a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. This is an excellent opportunity to develop accounting skills in a hands-on environment while working toward completing your degree. 30 to 40 hours per week depending upon work and school schedule. Salary will be based upon applicable work experiences and accounting and finance related course work completed.
- 401k plan (partial match)
- Personal Time Off days
- Paid Holidays
- Health, dental and vision available after 90 days
- Casual Environment
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Discounts on major Sporting Good brands
- Opportunity to work with a successful and growing company
- Air hockey
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to your LinkedIn Profile in your Cover Letter.